• Senate Bill 152 – Public Safety Officer Survivor Health Coverage
Status: Passed the Senate; Referred to the House where it failed in its Committee on Insurance
Authored by Sen. Michael Crider (R, Greenfield) and Sen. Ron Alting (R, Lafayette)
Synopsis: Provides that, if the employer of a public safety officer who dies in the line of duty after June 30, 2018, offers health coverage for active employees, the employer shall offer to provide and pay for health coverage under the plan covering active employees for the surviving spouse and each natural child, stepchild, and adopted child of the public safety officer. Provides that health coverage for a surviving child continues: (1) until the child becomes 18 years of age; (2) until the child becomes 23 years of age, if the child is: (A) enrolled in and regularly attending a secondary school; or (B) a full-time student at an accredited college or university; or (3) during the entire period of the child’s physical or mental disability; whichever period is longer.
• House Bill 1110 – Public Safety Officer Survivor Health Coverage
Status: Passed the House; Referred to the Senate where it failed in its Committee on Insurance and Financial Institutions
Authored by Rep. Karlee Macer (D, Indianapolis)
Synopsis: Nearly identical to Senate Bill 152
• House Concurrent Resolution 14 – Status: Adopted – North Vernon Patrolman Anthony B. ‘Bud’ Burton and Reserve Officer Lonnie Edward Howard
Authored by Rep. Jim Lucas (R, Seymour), the resolution urges the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) to rename the section of U.S. Highway 50 and Jennings County Road 150 North on the west side of North Vernon to just off the old U.S. Highway 50 on the east side as it approaches the Muscatatuck River as the “Officer Anthony Burton and Reserve Officer Lonnie Howard Memorial Highway”.
• House Concurrent Resolution 21 – Status: Adopted – Tipton County Deputy Sheriff Jacob Daniel Calvin
Authored by Rep. Anthony Cook (R, Cicero), the resolution urges INDOT to rename the bridge along State Road 28 over U.S. Highway 31 after Tipton County Deputy Jacob Calvin.
• House Concurrent Resolution 27 – Status: Failed – Putnam County Captain James E. ‘Jim’ Baugh
Authored by Rep. James Baird (R, Greencastle), the resolution urges INDOT to rename the bridge over Big Walnut Creek at North U.S. Highway 231 as the “James Baugh Memorial Bridge”.
• House Concurrent Resolution 40 – Status: Adopted – Southport Lieutenant Aaron William Allan
Authored by Rep. David Frizzell (R, Indianapolis), the resolution memorializes Lieutenant Aaron Allan.
• House Concurrent Resolution 44 – Status: Adopted – Indiana State Trooper Robert John Lather II
Authored by Rep. William Friend (R, Macy), the resolution urges INDOT to rename that section of U.S. 31 at mile markers 174 through 175 the “Indiana State Trooper Robert Lather Memorial Mile”.