Redesigned and Expanded Line of Duty Death Statistics
The Indiana Law Enforcement Memorial, as part of its ongoing research efforts, is introducing a redesigned and expanded line of duty death statistics section of our website.
Those items of interest being added today include the following:
- Line of Duty Deaths by County – totals for each of the 92 counties represented on a state map
- Line of Duty Deaths by Weapon Used – totals for every specific type of weapon used
- Line of Duty Deaths Timeline – infographic with significant historical events and milestones
- Line of Duty Deaths 2009–2018 – chart of most recent ten-year period of state and national totals
- Infograph representing fast facts with totals of lives impacted since 2000, officers who have served in the armed forces as well as agencies, counties and years with the most line of duty deaths
- Census of Indiana law enforcement agencies table with full-time sworn and total personnel
- Line of Duty Deaths Superlatives – expanded to include eight new superlatives
These new features are in addition to redesigned statistical charts depicting line of duty deaths by gender, agency type, cause of death, decade, month, day of week, age, years served and time of day.
All of these statistics can be viewed at www.inlem.org/lodd-stats and there is no requirement to create an account or register as a subscriber.
Our research will continue to bring our visitors and the law enforcement community the most accurate and comprehensive
website dedicated to honoring all of our state’s fallen officers.
Any questions, comments or suggestions regarding this news release should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.