Like many other websites, we make use of log files, which merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting service’s analytics. The information inside the log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that we have in its database the personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
License to Use Website
You must not:
- republish material from this website in neither print nor digital media or documents, including republication on another website;
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- redistribute material from this website, except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution; or
- republish or reproduce any part of this website through the use of iframes or screenscrapers.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organization.
You must not use this website:
- in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of this website or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of, or is linked to, any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- to conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to this website without our express written consent that may include scraping, data mining, data extraction, data harvesting, ‘framing’ (iframes) or article ‘Spinning’;
- to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications; or
- for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to certain areas of this website, or at our discretion, this entire website and may change or modify this policy without notice.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential. You alone are responsible for the securirty of your User ID and password and we may disable your user ID and password at our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you, us or a third party, in each case under any applicable law. You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. We make no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, we do not warrant that (1) this website will be constantly available, or available at all, or (2) the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of Liability
We will not be liable to you, whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise, in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if we have been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit the liability of us in respect of any:
• death or personal injury caused by the negligence of us or its agents, employees or shareholders/owners;
• fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of us; or
• matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect our officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as us.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
Law and Jurisdiction
Use of Our Work
The contents of this website, specifically the contents in each of the officer memorials, are the intellectual property of the Indiana Law Enforcement Memorial Inc. and are protected by copyright laws and other proprietary rights.
Use of any of the protected work from this website is strictly prohibited except as permitted for fair use under the following terms:
- Material may be shared, copied or redistributed only for personal, educational or noncommercial purposes
- User must give appropriate credit for the material used to include a citation such as: © Indiana Law Enforcement Memorial Inc. – www.inlem.org
- Material may not be altered or modified in any manner
Written permission must be received from the Indiana Law Enforcement Memorial Inc. for any commercial use or for any purpose other than fair use. If permission is granted, a fee may be assessed for the proposed use of our protected work.
Our work is protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Public License.
(CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
If you have any questions or require more information about these legal notices, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contents on our Legal Notices were last reviewed and revised on August 26, 2021.
|The Indiana Law Enforcement Memorial Inc. is an Indiana nonprofit corporation and recognized as a tax-exempt charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code effective March 25, 2021. As a public charity, donations are tax deductible to the full extent provided by law and are never solicited by telephone. Our EIN is 86-3041639. Pursuant to section 6104(d), an exempt organization must make available for public inspection its application for recognition of exemption, determination letter and annual information returns. |
A request for any copies must be submitted in writing by electronic email to email@example.com.